How good are you with accents? That is exactly what you are about to find out in the accent challenge.
There are two variations of the accent challenge: a Tumblr version, which involves answering thirteen questions to determine your accent, and the Ellen Show version, where you have to mimic different accents.
Table of Contents
Accent Challenge: Tumblr Edition
- In the first step of this version of the accent challenge, you tell the audience your name and username.
- Followed by where you’re from. Then, you pronounce a series of twenty-eight words.
- After this, you will answer some questions about what words you use for things like gym shoes, grandparents, and other fun kinds of stuff in your culture.
- Then, you select a book and read a passage from the book.
- Now, you tell the audience if you think you have an accent and if you’d rather be a wizard or vampire.
- Lastly, end the challenge with any three words you want.
Accent Challenge Questions: Tumblr Edition
Just a recap, in case you didn’t catch any of that. Here is how you do the challenge:
- Your name and username.
- Where you’re from.
- Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, GPOY.
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
- Choose a book and read a passage from it.
- Do you think you have an accent?
- Be a wizard or a vampire?
- End it by saying any THREE words you want.
Video of the Accent Challenge: Tumblr Version
Here is a video of the accent challenge, this version of the challenge is more like an Accent test because your answers will help us determine your accent and of course, we learn what words you use for certain items in your culture. Fun stuff!
That’s it, folks, that’s how you take the traditional accent challenge.
Accent Challenge on TikTok
The Accent Challenge on TikTok is similar to the Tumblr version. On your TikTok video, you and your friend will put an emoji of the flag representing the country your accent is from, then you take turns pronouncing the list of accent words.
@iskra##accentchallenge 🇬🇧VS🇺🇸 @philipapayne let’s gooo ##happyathome ##lifeathome ##couplelove ##soulmatepov♬ Accent Challenge – iskra
If you are taking the challenge alone, you can go ahead and pronounce your list of words.
List of words for Accent Challenge on TikTok
Accent Challenge: Ellen Version
The Ellen show is credited with this version of the accent challenge.
To do this version of the accent game, someone will write a couple of accents on different cardboards. You will have to speak in the accent written on the paper/cardboard.
In this video, Ellen debuts the now-popular version of the accent game with Ben Affleck.
List of Accents For The Challenge
- American Accent
- Australian Accent
- Bogan Accent
- British Accent
- Brooklyn Accent
- Canadian English Accent
- Chinese Accent
- Colombian Accent
- Cornwall Accent
- Dublin Accent
- Filipino Accent
- French Accent
- Ghanaian English Accent
- Glasgow Accent
- Indian Accent
- Irish Accent
- Italian Accent
- Japanese Accent
- Korean Accent
- Latin American Accent
- Liverpool Accent
- London Accent
- New York Accent
- Northern Ireland Accent
- Pakistani English Accent
- Pidgin English Accent
- Russian Accent
- Scandinavian Accent
- Scottish Accent
- Scouse Accent
- South American Accent
- Spanish Accent
- Texan Accent
- Welsh Accent
- Yorkshire Accent
So, which version of the challenge are you taking?
Also, remember to tell us the fun accents we left out of the list.
If you enjoyed taking this challenge, you will also enjoy the Whisper challenge.