Did someone challenge you to list foods that begin with the letter A? In this article, we have compiled a list of Foods Beginning With A. Also, we divided the list of foods that begin with A into different categories to make them easy to read.
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With A
The foods on this list of popular food starting with A are well-known and found in many of our meals:
- Acorn Squash: This fruit is a type of starchy, winter squash with a dark-green skin and sweet, yellow-orange flesh.
- All-Purpose Flour: This is general use wheat flour used in the preparation of all baked foods.
- Almond ButterAlmond milk
- Amchoor: A fruity spice powder made from dried unripe green mangoes used in seasoning food.
- Anchovies: These are deep-fried small common salted fish often eaten as a snack.
- Aniseed: These seeds of the anise plant are often used as a flavoring in sweets, drinks, and medicines.
- Apple Pie
- Apple Tart
- Apple Fritter
- Asparagus: A healthy green vegetable often served as a side dish.
- Aspic: A savory jelly made with meat stock, set in a mold, and used to contain pieces of meat, seafood, or eggs.
- Arrowroot: A starch used in thickening soups and sauces.
- Artichoke: Round green vegetables often boiled or deep-fried and used as stuffing.
- Arugula: This leafy green vegetable has a peppery taste and is often used in salads.
Fruits Foods Beginning With A
Many fruits begin with the letter A, and we have listed some of them:
- Achacha: A prized tropical fruit cultivated in certain parts of Bolivia.
- Acerola: A small cherry-like fruit used to make jellies and preserves.
African Foods Beginning With A
African meals refer to traditional dishes prepared in various parts of the continent. We have prepared a list of some African foods starting with A:
- Abacha: A delicacy among the Igbos of Southeastern Nigeria made using oil bean (ugba) and garnished with chopped garden egg leaves.
- Achu: A Cameroonian meal made using pounded cocoyam and red palm oil soup. It is often served with cow skin, oxtail, tripe, and steamed eggplant.
- Afang: A vegetable soup made using water leaves popular among the Efik people of Southwestern Nigeria.
- Ahriche: A Moroccan dish made by cooking tripe wrapped around sticks over hot coals.
- Akara: This meal is made by peeling and grinding beans then deep-frying them in hot oil.
- Amala: A popular meal among the Yorubas of Western Nigeria made using boiled yam flour.
- Asida: A lump of cooked flour dough with butter or honey added with origins from North Africa.
- Attiéké: A dish made with fermented Cassava with origins from Cote d’Ivoire.
Caribbean Foods Beginning With A
This list contains some of the most popular Caribbean foods starting with the letter A. These Caribbean foods are popular in the Caribbean islands and its surrounding coasts. Here are some Caribbean foods starting with A:
- Ackee: A pear-shaped fruit with a nutlike flavor popular in parts of the Caribbean Islands often served with dried salted fish.
- Arroz con Maiz: This dish of rice cooked with corn is widely popular in the Caribbean.
- Arroz con huevos: This Caribbean dish consists of rice topped with fried egg.
Continental Foods Beginning With A
Continental cuisine refers to traditional dishes of many European nations. This list contains some continental foods starting with A:
- Aioli: This is a creamy garlic sauce commonly used in French cuisine as a perfect dip.
- Ajika: This is a hot, spicy Georgian paste made with peppers, garlic, walnuts, and fresh herbs.
- Ajvar: This traditional pepper and egg-plant relish is a popular condiment in the Balkans and Eastern Europe.
- Alfredo Sauce: A creamy white sauce made from butter, heavy cream, and parmesan cheese placed on pasta or pizza.
- Alheira: This food is a smoked Portuguese sausage made by combining different types of meat with bread, garlic, olive oil, and paprika.
- Andouille: A smoked sausage made using pork.
- Apple Sausage Plait: This continental meal is made by wrapping apples, limes, herbs, and sausage meat in puff pastry.
- Apple Sauce
- Arancini: An Italian dish consisting of small balls of rice stuffed with a savory filling, coated in breadcrumbs and fried.
- Arborio rice: Italian short-grain rice used in preparing Risotto.
Oriental Foods Beginning With A
Oriental foods refer to Asian cooking from the Far East region. This list contains oriental foods starting with the letter A:
- Ahi Tuna: This yellowfin tuna is widely used in raw fish dishes such as sashimi, poke bowls, and sushi rolls.
- Anko: This red bean paste is made by boiling Adzuki beans with sugar and used as a filling in many Chinese and Japanese meals.
- Asian Noodles
- Arame: A spice used in Asian cuisine.
Mediterranean Foods Beginning With A
The Mediterranean foods refer to the cuisine of countries around the Mediterranean Sea; it includes dishes from European countries, North African countries, and Middle Eastern countries. These Mediterranean meals are prepared with fresh ingredients and spices which make them pop with flavor. Here are some Mediterranean foods starting with A:
- Acuka: A spread prepared with from Aleppo pepper paste, ground walnuts, tomato paste, bread crumbs, garlic, and spices
- Akkawi: Cheese made from pasteurized cow, goat, or sheep milk.
- Anise: A Mediterranean parsley plant with aromatic seeds used in cooking and herbal medicine.
- Ashura: A Turkish dessert porridge that made of a mixture consisting of grains, fruits, dried fruits and nuts
- Avgolemono Soup: Silky, creamy, fragrant chicken soup, made with egg yolk or lemon juice.
Do you know any more foods starting with A that is not on our list, leave us a comment so we can update our list?