Did someone challenge you to list foods that begin with the letter C? In this article, we have compiled a list of Foods Beginning With C.
We have also categorized them into different categories to make identifying them a lot easier.
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With C
You probably know some of these foods on this list of popular foods starting with C:
- Cabbage Calamari
- Caraway: A vegetable with spicy-tasting seeds used in wine preparation.
- Chamomile: A vegetable often used in tea making.
- Cherry pie
- Chives: An herb similar to onions used in flavoring.
- Coriander: An aromatic parsley plant used as food spices.
- Corn flour: Finely ground maize flour used for thickening sauces.
- Courgette: A fruit, eaten cooked and also used as an ingredient in sweet bread popularly known as Zucchini.
Fruits Foods Beginning With C
Many fruits we consume are spelled with the letter C as their first letter. Here are some of them:
- Cactus pear: A prickly pear in the cactus family.
- Cherimoya: A sweet fruit grown in parts of Bolivia and Ecuador, often known as custard apple.
- Chico fruit: An edible fruit from the Sapodilla tree.
- Cloudberry: An amber-colored edible fruit similar to raspberries.
African Foods Beginning With C
African foods are traditional to the African continent and are often specific to different regions of the continent. This list contains some African foods spelled with the letter C:
- Cachupa: An African stew of hominy, beans, and meat.
- Calulu: A North African soup made with dried fish and vegetables, served with rice, or palm oil beans.
- Chakalaka: A South African relish.
- Chakchouka: A vegetarian meal of chickpeas, tomatoes, peppers, garlic, and onions served with a poached egg.
- Chermoula: A marinade used to flavor seafood.
- Chichinga: A skewered barbecued goat.
- Chorba: A seasoned broth of pasta, meatballs, and fish.
- Cocada Amarela: A North African dessert of eggs and coconut.
- Couscous: A semolina pasta.
Caribbean Foods Beginning With C
Caribbean foods are dishes native to the Caribbean Islands and its regional coasts. Several Caribbean foods begin with the letter C, and here are some of them:
- Callaloo: A Dominican soup made with leafy vegetables, coconut milk, salted meat, yams, onions, and dumplings.
- Carne guisada: A traditional beef stew flavored with cumin jalapenos and chili powder.
- Ceviche: A South American dish of marinated raw fish or seafood.
- Chapea: A Dominican Stew made with beans, rice, and vegetables.
- Chivo Guisado: Dominican goat stew.
- Coco Bread
- Conch ceviche: A seafood dish made using conch meat, tomatoes, diced mango, red onions, and scotch bonnet peppers.
- Cucurucho: A sweet treat made with sugar, coconut, honey, and nuts wrapped in a cone-like palm leaf.
Continental Foods Beginning With C
By continental cuisine, we mean dishes native to parts of Europe. Here are some European meals starting with C:
- Caldeirada: A Portuguese stew consisting of a variety of fish, shellfish with potatoes, peppers, and tomatoes.
- Cannoli: Tube-shaped shells of fried pastry dough filled with a sweet, creamy filling.
- Carac: A Swiss shortcrust chocolate.
- Cassoulet: A creamy, slow-cooked casserole containing meat.
- Chlodnik: Cold beet soup made with soured milk, beet leaves, cucumbers, and dill.
- Chorizo: A spicy Spanish pork sausage.
- Cioppino: Broth-based seafood stew served with bread
- Comte: French cheese made with unpasteurized cow milk.
- Crѐmebrulѐe: A French dessert of custard topped with caramelized sugar.
- Crepe: A thin pancake.
- Croissants: A French crescent-shaped roll made with sweet, flaky yeast dough eaten for breakfast.
- Czarina: Duck soup.
Indian Foods Beginning With C
Indian cuisine includes a wide range of meals native to India. These Indian foods are often well spiced with a lot of flavors. Here are some Indian foods starting with C:
- Chahou kheer: Purple rice porridge.
- Chakri: Snack made with mixed grain flour.
- Chapati: Bread made with whole wheat flour.
Mexican Foods Beginning With C
Mexican foods refer to the cuisine of many Latin American countries. These Mexican foods are spicy and flavorful. Here are some Mexican foods starting with C:
- Cabrito: A meal of roast goat kid.
- Carnitas: Braised or roasted pork shredded and used as filling in tacos, burritos.
- Chimichanga: A tortilla wrapped around a filling of meat and deep-fried.
- Cochinito de Piloncillo: A Mexican sweet bread.
Oriental Foods Beginning With C
This list contains some Asian foods from the Far East region. These foods are part of the oriental cuisine and often served in many Asian restaurants. Here are some oriental foods starting with C:
- Chahan: Japanese fried rice.
- Champon: Ramen like dish topped with fried pork, seafood, and vegetables.
- Chow Mein: Stir-fry noodles.
- Cha Siu bao: Steamed buns filled with BBQ pork.
- Congee: Chinese rice porridge.
- Crullers: Deep-fried strip of dough.
Mediterranean Foods Beginning With C
Mediterranean cuisines are foods from countries around the Mediterranean Sea. These foods include dishes from some European countries, North African countries, and Middle Eastern countries. Here are some Mediterranean foods that start with the letter C:
- Cezerye: A Turkish dessert made with caramelized grated carrots, sugar, and nuts such as walnuts, hazelnuts, or pistachios
- ChawarmaLahmeh: Grilled meat with parsley, onion, and tartar.
- ChichTaouk: Grilled Chicken marinated with garlic, lemon, and other spices.
- Chicken Souvlaki: A Greek fast food consisting of small pieces of meat and vegetables grilled on skewers.
Do you know any more foods starting with C that is not on our list, leave us a comment so we can update our list?