If you’re asked to list some foods beginning with E, how many can you list?
In this article, we have a list of foods starting with E. Also, the list is categorized so you can identify them quickly. Here are some foods spelled with the letter E:
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With E
Many popular diets are spelled with the letter E as their first letter. This list contains some of the most popular foods starting with E:
- Earthnut: The pod of peanut vine that contains two seeds or nuts.
- Ecrevisse: Tiny lobster-like crustaceans boiled briefly.
- Edam cheese: A semi-hard yellow Dutch cheese.
- Eggnog: A drink of rum, brandy, and alcohol mixed with beaten egg, milk, and sugar.
- Egg roll
- Egg salad
- Eggo: A brand of frozen waffles owned by the Kellogg Company.
- Elbow Macaroni: Pasta in the form of small curved tubes.
- Elk meat: Low fat game meat.
- Emperor: A red table grape of California.
- Emu: An animal with high protein meat whose huge green eggs are also eaten as food.
- Endive: A leafy vegetable used in salads.
- English sole: A delicate flatfish consumed for its meat.
- English spinach`
- English walnut: A nut with two-lobed seeds and a hard shell.
- Escallop: A thin slice of shallow-fried meat.
- Escarole: A leafy vegetable similar to kale used in cooking soups.
- Escargot: A meal of edible land snail.
- Espresso: A strong black coffee made by forcing steam through ground coffee beans.
- EVOO: An acronym for extra virgin olive oil.
Fruits Beginning With E
Wonder what fruits are spelled with the letter E, this list contains some fruits starting with E:
- Eggfruit: A Caribbean fruit that can be consumed raw or cooked.
- Elderberry: A berry-like fruit similar to a blackberry.
- Emblic: Also known as the Indian gooseberry.
African Foods Beginning With E
Different African nations all have their staple meals, some of these meals are spelled with the letter E, and we have listed some of them. Here are some African foods starting with E:
- Echicha: A dish of cassava, pigeon pea, and palm oil.
- EdikangIkong: A vegetable soup made with cow tripe, kanda, pumpkin leaves, water leaves, ugwu, onion, and beef or dried fish.
- Ekwang: A dish of grated cocoyam wrapped in cocoyam leaves and cooked in a spicy stew.
- Eru: A stew made with finely sliced eru leaves, cooked with waterleaf and palm oil.
Caribbean Foods Beginning With E
Caribbean meals are known to be spicy and well-loved; these Caribbean cuisines are traditional to the Caribbean islands and its surrounding regions. Here are some popular Caribbean foods starting with E:
- Escovitch fish: A Jamaican dish of fried dish served with a spicy, vinegar-based dressing of bell peppers, carrots, and onions.
Continental Foods Beginning With E
When we say continental foods, we mean dishes traditional to different parts of Europe. Some of these dishes have the letter E as their first letters, and we have listed some of them. Here are some continental foods starting with E.
- Eclairs: A French oblong pastry filled with cream and topped with chocolate icing.
- Emmental: A yellow medium-hard Swiss cheese.
- English muffin: Bread dough rolled and cut into rounds baked on a griddle, spilt and toasted before consumed.
- Ensaimade: Delicious sweet bread from Spain.
- Entrecote: A premium cut of beef used for steak.
- Erbazzone: A Spinach and cheese filled pie.
- Epauled’agneau: Lamb shoulder.
Mexican Foods Beginning With E
Mexican foods are spicy and flavorful meals, traditional to different parts of Latin America. Here are some Mexican foods starting with E:
- Elote: A name for an ear of corn.
- Embutido: Filipino meatloaf made with ground pork, carrots, and raisins wrapped around slices of eggs and sausages.
- Empanada: Cut-up pies filled with codfish or chicken.
- Enchilada: A corn tortilla stuffed with meats, cheese, or vegetables and covered with a savory sauce.
- Enfrijoladas: A corn tortilla cooked with black bean sauce.
- Ensalada de Fruta: Fruit salad
- Entomatadas: A Mexican dish of folded corn tortilla fried in oil and bathed with tomato sauce.
Oriental Foods Beginning With E
Foods from Far East Asia are considered oriental cuisine. There are oriental foods spelled with the letter E, and this list contains some of them. Here are some oriental foods starting with E:
- Edamame: A preparation of soybeans in pods boiled or steamed with salt and other condiments.
- Egg tart: A Chinese custard tart with an outer pastry crust filled with egg custard.
- Egg drop soup: A Chinese soup of wispy beaten eggs in boiled chicken broth.
- Egg tong sui: A sweet dessert of wispy beaten eggs and sugar.
Indian Foods Beginning With E
Like dishes from other regions, some Indian foods also start with the letter E, and we have listed some of them. Here are some Indian foods starting with E:
- Ellupodi: Sesame seed Lentil powder.
- ElaneerPayasam: A dessert of tender coconut pieces mixed with a blend of evaporated milk and coconut milk.
- Ellurundai sweet: A healthy snack prepared using black sesame seeds, groundnut, and jaggery syrup.
- Erusery: An Indian curry that contains meat and vegetables served over rice.
Mediterranean Foods Beginning With E
Mediterranean foods include all foods from European countries, North African countries, and Middle Eastern countries. Here are some Mediterranean foods starting with E:
- Ehden: Oven-cooked meat and crushed wheat blend.
- El Koura: Taro and lentils stew.
- Escabeche: A dish of marinated fish or meat, cooked in tart-vinegar, and colored with saffron.
We might have left out some other foods starting with E, so leave us a comment to let us know any foods starting with E not on our list.