Did someone challenge you to list foods that begin with the letter F? In this article, we have compiled a list of Foods Beginning With F.
To make reading easier, the list of foods that start with the letter F has been categorized.
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With F
In this list, we have compiled some popular foods all spelled with the letter F:
- Fennel: A vegetable whose seeds are used in flavoring food.
- Fiddlehead fern: Furled fronds of a young fern often served sautéed.
- Fig Newtons: A pastry filled with fig paste.
- Fish sticks
- Filet-o-fish: A battered, fried fish fillet made from Alaska pollock.
- Flan: A baked dish consisting of an open-topped pastry case with a savory or sweet filling.
- French fries
- Fried rice: A dish of cooked rice that has been stir-fried in a wok or a frying pan and is usually mixed with other ingredients such as eggs, vegetables, seafood, or meat.
- Fudge: A soft crumbly or chewy sweet made from sugar, butter, and milk or cream.
Fruits Beginning With F
F is the first letter of some fruits; we have included fruits starting with F in this list:
- Feijoa: An oval fruit often known as pineapple guava.
African Foods Starting With F
Here, we have listed some African foods from different parts of the continent all starting with the letter F:
- Feijoada: A stew of beans, beef, and pork.
- Fesikh: Fermented, salted mullet.
- Fig-roll: Egyptian pastry filled with fig paste.
- Fit-fit: Shredded flatbread, spiced clarified butter, and the hot spice berbere.
- Freekeh: A cereal food made from green wheat.
- Frejon: Coconut bean soup.
- Frikkadel: A traditional Afrikaner dish of deep-fried meatballs prepared with onions, bread, eggs, vinegar, and spices.
- Fufu: A swallow food of boiled and pounded cassava and served with soup.
- Fulmedames: Mashed fava beans with olive oil, chopped parsley, onion, garlic, and lemon juice.
- Funkaso: A Nigerian dish of millet pancakes containing millet, butter, and sugar.
Caribbean Foods Beginning With F
Caribbean foods are native to the Caribbean Islands and its countries. These foods are very spiced and flavorful, and some of them start with the letter F, here are some of them:
- Festival: Festival is a Jamaican dumpling made with cornmeal.
- Fish Broth: Fish broth is a flavorful Trini soup made with vegetables, fresh herbs, fish, and either pasta or dumplings.
- Fish Tea: A light soup or a fish broth seasoned with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- FritaCubana: Burgers made with Cuban rolls, ground beef, onions, seasonings such as smoked paprika, and julienned potatoes.
- Fungee: A bread dough consisting of cornmeal mixed with okra.
Continental Foods Beginning With F
Dishes referred to as continental foods are foods of European countries. We have listed some continental foods starting with F in this list:
- Ficelle: A type of French bread loaf thinner than a baguette.
- Filet mignon: A small tender piece of beef from the end of the undercut.
- Foie Gras: A French meal of duck or goose liver.
- Fondue creusois: Low-fat mountain cheese.
Indian Foods Beginning With F
Indian cuisine is a popular dining choice for many. These Indian cuisines are Indian foods that are often spiced and full of flavor. Here are some Indian foods starting with F:
- Fara: Stuffed Lentil Dumplings.
Mexican Foods Beginning With F
By Mexican foods, we mean dishes of Latin American countries and not just Mexico. This list contains Mexican foods starting with F:
- Fajita: Grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla.
- Flautas: Small rolled-up tortilla that contains filling, including beef, cheese, or chicken.
- Frijoles Charros: A dish of pinto beans stewed with onion, garlic, and bacon
- Fritada: A dish of fried pork served with whole boiled potatoes, mote or cooked corn, pickled onions and tomato, and fried ripe plantains.
Oriental Foods Beginning With F
Meals from Far East Asia are classified as oriental foods. These foods are traditional to the Asian region and served home and abroad. Here is a list of Oriental foods starting with F:
- Fried Ice cream: A dessert made from a beaded scoop of ice cream that is deep-fried.
- Funing big cake: A cake of sticky rice, white sugar, and refined lard.
Mediterranean Foods Beginning With F
Mediterranean foods are very healthy meals with vegetables and meats. In this list we have listed some Mediterranean foods starting with F:
- Falafel: A Middle Eastern dish of spiced mashed chickpeas or other pulses formed into balls or fritters and deep-fried, usually eaten with or in pitta bread.
- Fattet Hummus: Savory chickpea bread pudding.
- Feta: A classic Mediterranean dairy product that can be enjoyed on Greek salads, paired with zucchini or eaten alone.
Let us know any other foods starting with F by leaving a comment.