Did someone ask you to list foods that begin with the letter G? In this article, we have compiled a list of Foods Beginning With G and categorized them so they can be easily identified.
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With G
This list contains some of the most popular foods, all spelled with the letter G. We have also included popular snacks and vegetables in this list. Here are some popular foods starting with G:
- Ginger snaps
- Goat cheese
- Gouda: A flat round cheese with a yellow rind.
- Graham crackers
- Green beans
- Green olives
- Green onions
- Green salad
- Greek yogurt
- Gummy bear
Fruits Beginning With G
Here are fruits all spelled with G, as their first letter:
- Goji berry: A bright orange berry native to Asia.
- Gooseberry: A round edible yellowish-green or reddish berry with a thin translucent hairy skin.
African Foods Beginning With G
In this list, we have compiled some traditional African foods starting with the letter G. Here are some African foods starting with the letter G and their descriptions:
- Ga’at: A stiff porridge made using barley flour or wheat flour.
- Garri: A popular West African flour made from cassava tubers, also known as eba.
- Gatsby: A South African deli sandwich.
- Goat meat pepper soup: A Nigerian soup made with goat meat, scent leaf, crayfish, uziza, negro pepper, and nutmeg.
- Gored gored: A raw beef dish, cubed and left unmarinated.
- Groundnut soup: An African soup made with ground groundnuts, uziza seed, and bitter leaf.
Caribbean Foods Beginning With G
This list contains foods starting with G, which are traditional to parts of the Caribbean Islands. Here are some Caribbean foods spelled with the letter G and their descriptions.
- Gizzada: A Jamaican dessert pastry shell with sweet, slightly spicy coconut filling.
- Griot: A Haitian dish of pork meat cubes slowly simmered in a sweet, spicy marinade of peppers, onions, and orange/lime, then fried in a skillet.
Continental Foods Beginning With G
This list contains foods starting with G, which are traditional to countries in the European continent. We have also included their descriptions so they can be identified. Here are some continental dishes spelled with the letter G:
- Game pie: A traditional English meal in the form of a meat pie featuring meat.
- Garbure: A French stew made with ham, cheese, stale bread, cabbage, and confit d’oie.
- Garmugia: A soup containing chicken, or vegetable stock, asparagus, artichoke hearts, fava beans, peas, onion, and meat.
- Gateau des rois: Also known as Kings Cakes made with sweet brioche dough in the shape of a hollow circle with glazed topping and sprinkled with colored sugar.
- Gazpacho: A soup of pureed tomato and vegetables.
- Ginantaan: A Philippines Coconut milk soup.
- Ginestrata: Lightly spiced egg-based Italian soup made with egg yolk, chicken stock, and marsala wine.
- Golonka: Stewed pork knuckle or hock.
- Gorgonzola: A veined Italian blue cheese.
- Grochowka: A pea or lentil soup.
- Gypsy tart: A tart made with evaporated milk, muscovado sugar, and pastry.
Mexican Foods Beginning With G
This list contains spicy, flavorful traditional meals of parts of Latin America starting with the letter G. We have also included their descriptions, here are some Mexican foods spelled with the letter G:
- Gelatin: A highly proteinous food ingredient used in making stews, broths, and gravies.
- Gordita: A pastry made with masa and stuffed with cheese, meat, and other fillings.
- Gringas: A variety of tacos that include flour tortilla filled with cheese, al pastor and pineapple, and grilled.
- Guacamole: An avocado-based dip.
Oriental Foods Beginning With G
This list includes all foods starting with G from Asia and Far East Asia. They are served abroad in Asian restaurants as well, and we have included their descriptions to allow you to identify them. Here are some oriental foods spelled with the letter G:
- Geng: A soup cooked with meat or fish and thickened with starch.
- Ginger milk curd: A hot dessert of ginger, milk, and sugar.
- Gochu-japchae: A stir-fried Chinese American dish containing sliced beef steak cooked with sliced red and green bell peppers seasoned with soy sauce and ginger thickened with cornstarch.
- Gomguk: A chunky Korean soup made with beef parts cooked simmering on a low flame.
- Gogiguksu: A South Korean pork and noodle soup.
- Grass Jelly: A jelly-like dessert eaten in East Asia made using Mesona Chinesis stalks and leaves.
- Gulilinggao: A dessert made from the gao, which could also be used as medicine.
- Gyoza: A dumpling filled with meat, cabbage, scallions, ginger, Chinese rice wine, and sesame seed oil.
Indian Foods Beginning With G
This list contains some popular Indian dishes spelled with the letter G and their descriptions:
- Gajar ka halwa: A dish of Punjab, carrot milk, ghee, and cashew.
- Gajarmatar aloo: Diced red/orange carrots and potatoes sautéed with black mustard leaves and garnished with black pepper and lemon juice.
- Gatta curry: Curry made with steamed chickpea dumplings cooked in spiced yogurt sauce.
- Ghari: An Indian sweet.
- Gobhimatar: Cauliflower in tomato sauce.
- Golibajje: A snack of gram flour.
Mediterranean Foods Beginning With G
This list includes foods starting with G from parts of North Africa, Europe, and the Middle East, which surround the Mediterranean Sea. Here are some Mediterranean foods spelled with the letter G:
- Gigandesplaki: A meal of baked beans with tomato sauce and other herbs.
- Giouvetsib: Baked lamb in a clay pot served with Greek pasta.
- Greek Salad: A salad of chopped tomatoes, slices of cucumber, and red onions, seasoned with salt, black pepper, and oregano dressed with olive oil.
- Gyros: Roasted and sliced meat on a turning spit served with sauces and garnishes on pita bread.
We have carefully compiled a list of foods starting with the letter G in this article. Let us know some other foods starting with G by leaving a comment.