Listing foods beginning with I can be tasking as there are very few of them, which is why we have compiled a list of different foods spelled with I.
Also, we have categorized our list based on different cuisines of different regions.
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With I
This first list contains some of the most popular foods spelled with the letter I:
- Iceberg lettuce: A crunchy pale vegetable added to fast food burgers and diner salads.
- Ice cream
- Ice pop
- Iced tea
- Idaho potatoes: A large, oblong white potato with high content used for baking and grown in Idaho.
- Instant coffee
- Instant oatmeal
- Instant soup
Fruits Beginning With I
Do you know any fruits starting with I? This list would help you with learning some fruits beginning with I.
- Ibope: A fruit from the South American carob tree.
- Icacina: A sweet red and plum-like fruit.
- Icaco: A tropical American edible plum-like fruit often used to make jams.
- Ilama: A type of sugar apple.
- Ice apple: An edible fruit of the sugar palm tree.
- Imbe: A small, thick-skinned orange fruit with a juicy, fragrant pulp.
- Indian gooseberry: An edible fruit, also called Emblic used in medicine making.
- Indian hog plum
- Indian persimmon
- Indian sherbet berry
African Foods Beginning With I
A few African foods have the letter I as their first letter. This list includes African meals starting with I for your reading pleasure:
- Injera: Yeast risen flatbread with a unique texture that is slightly spongy, a national dish in Ethiopia and Eritrea.
- Iru: Fermented locust beans used as a condiment in cooking soups like Egusi, Efo popular among the Yoruba people of Western Nigeria.
- Isi ewu: A soup among the Igbo people of Eastern Nigeria made with a goat head.
- Isidudu: A South African pap dish made to simmer with pumpkin, curried cabbage, and liver.
Caribbean Foods Beginning With I
Caribbean foods are native to the different parts of the Caribbean Islands and loved both home and abroad. In this list, we have compiled some Caribbean foods starting with I and included their descriptions to make them easily identifiable:
- Imqaret: Maltese sweets made with pastry and filled with dates infused with flavors of aniseeds, bay leaf, and then deep-fried.
- Isaw: Grilled chicken intestines on a skewer served with a dipping sauce of spiced vinegar or barbecue sauce.
- Ital: A Jamaican stew of plantains, split peas, squash, taro root, potatoes, carrots, okra, onions and collard greens cooked in a creamy coconut milk broth.
Continental Foods Beginning With I
When a meal is described as continental, it means that it is a meal from Europe and other Western countries. Continental foods could also include dishes brought to other countries by European settlers and colonists. This list contains some popular continental foods starting with I:
- Irish stew: A kind of lamb and mutton stew.
- Italian bread: Crusty unsweetened yeast-raised bread baked in long thick loaves with tapered ends.
- Irish breakfast tea: A dark reddish-brown tea brewed with notes of malt and a brisk of flavor.
Mexican Foods Beginning With I
Mexican foods are flavorful meals native to parts of Latin America. There are few Mexican foods starting with I and this list includes some of them:
- Indian fry bread: A traditional thick flatbread of deep-fried dough served with honey and used in making Navajo tacos.
Oriental Foods Beginning With I
By oriental foods, we mean meals prepared using recipes or styles used in parts of Asia, including China, Japan, Thailand, Korea. Here are some Asian foods starting with I:
- Iron Goddess Tea: A traditional Chinese high-quality tea.
Indian Foods Beginning With I
This list contains foods from different parts of India spelled with the letter. Here are some Indian foods starting with I:
- Iddiappam: Steamed rice noodles made with vermicelli rice.
- Idli: A steamed cake of fermented rice and pulse flour.
- Ilish: A herring fish used to make curry, a traditional Bengali dish.
- Imarti: A sphere-like meshed sweet dish of batter from moong dal dipped in sugary syrup popular in North India.
- Indian-mix: Also known as Bombay mix, a traditional Indian snack made with fried lentils, peanuts, chickpea, corn, vegetable oil, flaked rice, fried onion, and curry leaves.
- Indian omelet: A omelet dish of eggs, herbs, tomatoes, and spices.
We have tried to make our list of foods starting with I as exhaustive as possible. Let us know any other foods starting with I by leaving a comment in the box below.