If you’re reading this then you must need a list of foods beginning with M.
To help you out, we have sourced and compiled different foods, recipes and dishes all starting with the letter M.
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With M
You might recognize some foods on this list of popular foods starting with M. Here are some very popular foods starting with M:
- Macadamia nuts
- Meringue: A topping of beaten, mixed eggs and sugar especially used for pies.
Fruits Beginning With M
Ever wondered what fruits start with the letter M, then this list of fruits starting with M would give you the answers you need. Here are some fruits starting with M:
- Madruno: A fruit that contains a soft whiteish pulp and resembles a droopy lemon.
- Mangosteen: A tropical fruit with a sweet juicy pulp inside a thick reddish-brown rind.
- Marang: A fruit similar to a pear with a creamy banana-like flavor.
- Medlar: A fruit from South Africa with a sweet-acid taste and brown leathery skin.
- Meteng: An Indonesian fruit used in making stews, jams and wines.
- Mcintosh: An early-ripening apple popular in North Eastern United States.
- Mombin: A purple tropical fruit.
- Morello: A sour cherry with a dark skin and juice.
- Mulberry: A sweet dark purple fruit similar to blackberries.
African Foods Beginning With M
Many African meals from the African continent are spelled with M as their first letter. This list contains some African meals spelled with M:
- Maafe: A stew made with peanuts, meat, tomatoes, onions, garlic, cabbage, root vegetables also known as groundnut stew.
- Makroudh: A North African pastry filled with dates or almonds and has a diamond shape.
- Mala mogodo: A South African stew of tripe served with hot pap or dumplings.
- Malva pudding: A sweet pudding made with apricot jam and has a spongy caramelized texture served hot with custard or ice cream.
- Mandazi: A fluffy fried bread snack eaten by itself or served with dips.
- Matbucha: Tomatoes and roasted bell peppers cooked together, seasoned with garlic and chili pepper.
- Matoke: A meal of green banana or plantain, cooked and pounded.
- Mbong tchobi: A black soup made from burnt mbongo spice, cooked with meat or fish and served with steamed ripe plantains.
- Merguez: A spicy red sausage of mutton or beef.
- Moimoi: A Nigerian steamed bean pudding made from grinded bean, peppers, and other spices.
Caribbean Foods Beginning With M
Foods and recipes from the Caribbean Islands and their surroundings have M as their first letter. This list of Caribbean foods starting with M contains some Caribbean foods spelled with M:
- Mannish water: A Jamaican cuisine made with goat parts, vegetables, yams, potatoes, bananas, and dumplings.
- Mangu: A popular side dish of the Dominican Republic made from boiled and mashed green plantains, eggs, fried cheese, fried Dominican salami and onions sautéed in vinegar.
- Marzipan: A Guianan sweet of sugar, honey and almond meal.
- Medianoche: A tasty Cuban sandwich filled with roasted pork, ham, Swiss cheese, and pickles.
Continental Foods Beginning With M
Different continental dishes and recipes have the letter M as their first letter. In this list we have listed some continental foods starting with M:
- Macaron: A sweet meringue-based confection made with egg white, icing sugar, almond meal, and food coloring.
- Maccu: A soup prepared with dried and crushed fava beans and fennel.
- Maconochie: A stew of sliced turnips and carrots.
- Madeira cake: A traditional British and Irish sponge or butter cake.
- Marjolaine: A French dessert cake made with layers of almond, hazelnut meringue and whipped cream or buttercream on a buttery biscuit base.
- Medoc: Red wine from France.
- Mince pie: A sweet pie of English origin filled with a mixture of dried fruits and spices (mincemeat).
- Minestrone: A thick Italian soup made with vegetables such as carrots, celery, onions, beans, and stock served with pasta or rice.
- Mendiant: A French confection of a chocolate disk studded with nuts and dried fruits.
Mexican Foods Beginning With M
Many people love Mexican cuisine so this list of Mexican foods starting with M would help you identify different Mexican foods starting with M:
- Machaca: A Mexican dish of dried meat usually made with spiced beef or pork.
- Makawoni au graten: A Haitian mac and cheese dish made with rigatoni or penne.
- Mancha manteles: A Mexican stew of assorted meat such as turkey, beef chili pepper, vegetables, and fruits.
- Memela: Fried or toasted cakes made with masa and topped with vegetables, shredded chicken, potatoes and sausages eaten as antojitos or snacks.
- Menudo: A Mexican soup made with tripe in broth with a red chili pepper base.
- Mixiote: A traditional pit-barbecued meat dish made with mutton, chicken, lamb or pork.
- Mole de olla: A Mexican traditional soup made of xoconostle, squash, zucchini, green beans, potatoes in a broth of chile guajillo and chile pasilla.
- Mole sauce: A marinade sauce made with fruit, chili pepper, nut and spices including black pepper, cinnamon, cumin.
- Molletes: A soft round white bread served lightly toasted with olive oil, raw garlic and spread with lard.
- Molote: A filled corn-based pastry served as an appetizer or snack.
- Moronga: A sausage made with spices, herb, onions, and chili peppered and boiled pig’s large intestines served as a filling with gorditas and tacos.
Oriental Foods Beginning With M
Chinese, Japanese and Asian foods are generally referred to as Oriental foods. Some of these oriental foods are spelled with the letter M, this list contains some oriental foods starting with M:
- Makchang gui: A Korean dish of grilled pork large intestines served with light doenjang sauce and chopped scallions.
- Makgeolli: Korean rice wine.
- Makizushi: Rice, seafood and other ingredients places on a sheet of seaweed, rolled into cylindrical shape on a bamboo mat and cut into small pieces.
- Manduguk: A Korean dumpling soup.
- Mantou: A white, soft steamed bread or bun popular in Northern China.
- Miso soup: Soup made with miso cooked in dashi, and other ingredients such as seaweed, vegetables or tofu.
- Miyeok guk: Seaweed soup.
- Mocha: A Japanese rice cake made with short-grain japonica glutinous rice, pounded into paste and molded to the desired shape.
- Mooncake: A Chinese sweet pastry filled with different fillings such as lotus seed paste, red bean paste or mung bean paste.
- Mugi gohan: White rice cooked with barley.
Indian Foods Beginning With M
Many Indian foods start with M, in this list, we have listed different Indian foods all starting with M:
- Makki di roti: Creamed mustard leaves with heavily buttered roti made from corn flour.
- Methi na gota: A West Indian snack of fried fenugreek dumplings.
- Methi saag: Veggie leaves sautéed in oil, garlic with little masalas.
- Misi roti: Whole wheat and gram flour dough with ground masalas pan fried.
- Modak: Sweet coconut dumplings, rice flour, and coconut.
- Mohanthal: A sweet made with gram flour and ghee dry fruits.
- Momo: A popular snack made with white flour, meat, vegetable or cheese filling served with tomato and chutney dip.
- Moong dal ka halwa: A dessert dish of yellow lentils, milk, sugar, and nuts.
- Mushroom do pyaza: Mushrooms and onions in tomato masala sauce spiced with chilles.
- Mushroom matar: Mushrooms and sweet peas in a masala or chili sauce.
Mediterranean Foods Beginning With M
Mediterranean foods are well known-healthy meal options. This list contains different Mediterranean foods starting with M:
- Magiritsa: A Greek Easter soup made with lamb offal and thickened with avgolemono.
- Manestra: A short-cut pasta, identical to risoni served alone, as part of a salad and baked in a casserole.
- Moussaka: Casserole made with fried aubergine, potato, and spiced minced meat.
This list is an exhaustive list of different foods and recipes all starting with M. Let us know your thoughts on this list by leaving a comment.