There are many foods beginning with N. These foods range from fruits, recipes, and ingredients.
The following is a list of all foods starting with the letter N:
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With N
This list contains some popular foods starting with N and you might know some of them:
- Nesselrode: A frozen pudding made of chopped maraschino cherries, chestnuts, candied fruits, and rum or liquor.
- Nonpareil: A flat disk of chocolate covered with beads of colored sugar used as a topping on cakes or candies.
- Nougat: A thick sweet food made from sugar cooked with the white parts of eggs, usually containing nuts and sometimes fruit.
Fruits Beginning With N
In this list, we have included various fruits all starting with N, some you might have heard of, others maybe not. Here are some fruits starting with N:
- Nance fruit: A small ball-shaped berry which turns orange or yellow when ripe.
- Naranjilla fruit: A fruit similar to an orange but smaller with a citrus flavor.
- Nashi pear: A fruit similar to an apple often called apple pear.
- Natal plum: A plum-like fruit grown in South Africa.
- Nectarine fruit: A fruit similar to plum with red, yellow or white flesh and used in conserves, jams, and pies.
- Nonda plum: An edible native fruit with a yellow-orangeish color.
- Nungu fruit: Popularly known as palm fruit. Black to brown fruits with sweet, fibrous pulp and each seed is enclosed within a woody endocarp.
African Foods Beginning With N
This category contains various traditional African dishes all starting with N. Here are some African foods starting with N:
- Ndole: A Cameroonian national dish consisting of a stew of nuts, ndoleh (bitter leaves) and fish or ground beef.
- Nkwobi: An Igbo dish of Eastern Nigeria made with cow foot, Ehu (calabash nutmeg), potash, utazi and palm oil.
- Nshima: A cornmeal product from Eastern Africa made from ground maize (corn) flour locally known as ‘mealie-meal’.
- Natilla: A Puerto Rican dish of cornstarch custard topped with butter and cinnamon.
- Ninos Envueltos: A traditional Dominican dish of rice and ground beef wrapped in cabbage and cooked in tomato sauce.
- Norman Tart: A tart filled with apples, sliced almonds, sugar topped with creamy egg custard and baked until the topping is caramelized.
Continental Foods Beginning With N
Different continental foods from Europe and other Western countries are spelled the letter N. Here are some continental foods starting with N:
- Navette: French cookies from Marseilles that are shaped like a boat or a shuttle.
- Nettle soup: A soup prepared from stinging nettles eaten in parts of Eastern Europe.
- New England clam chowder: A milk or cream-based chowder with a thick consistency.
- Norbury pie: An English blue cheese.
Mexican Foods Beginning With N
There are different Mexican foods starting with N. If you love Mexican foods then you should recognize some foods on this list. Here are some Mexican foods starting with N:
- Nachos: A Tex-Mexican dish of heated tortilla dish or totopos covered with melted cheese served as a snack or appetizer.
- Natillas: A soft custard-like dessert made from egg whites, milk, white sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Navajo taco: Taco made with frybread, rather than a tortilla.
- Nopalitos: A Mexican dessert dish made with diced nopales and the naturally flat stems, called pads, of prickly pear cactus.
Oriental Foods Beginning With N
Oriental foods are foods from parts of the Asian continent. Here are some oriental foods starting with N:
- Naengmyeon: A Korean noodle dish of long thin handmade noodles made from flour and starch.
- Natto: A Japanese dish of fermented soybeans, stringy like melted cheese.
- Nikujaga: A Japanese stew of meat, potatoes, and onion stewed in sweetened soy sauce.
- Nizakana: Fish poached in sweet soy.
- Nori: A name for an edible seaweed species.
Indian Foods Beginning With N
Different Indian foods all start with the letter N. This list contains different foods from India all starting with N:
- Naan: A leavened bread baked in a clay oven.
- Naan roti: Tandoor baked soft flatbread made with refined wheat flour.
- Namakpara: A crunchy savor snack made from ribbon-like strips of pastry and delicately seasoned with cumin seeds, carom seeds, caraway seeds and deep-fried in pure ghee.
- Nannaari: Lemon-based drink.
- Nankhatai: An Indian shortbread biscuit made from refined flour, besan, ghee, powdered yogurt, and green cardamom seeds.
- Navrattan korma: Vegetables, nuts, paneer cheese in a tomato cream sauce.
- Neera: Sap extracted from toddy palms and used as a drink.
- Neyyappam: A Kerala snack made of rice flour, ghee, and jaggery.
- Noon chai: A traditional tea beverage made with green tea leaves rolled into small balls, milk, and baking soda.
Mediterranean Foods Beginning With N
Different Mediterranean foods from parts of the Mediterranean region start with N. This list contains different Mediterranean foods starting with N:
- Nargesi: A frittata style egg and spinach dish.
- Nihari: A Pakistani beef stew made with shank meat, beef or lamb and mutton along with bone marrow.
- Nokhod polo: Chickpea and rice
- Noon nokhodichi: A snack made from roasted chickpeas seasoned with salt, hot spices, dried cloves, or candy-coated.
We hope you enjoyed this list of different foods starting with N. Leave us a comment to let us know your thoughts and any other foods starting with N.