Did someone ask you to list foods that begin with the letter O? In this article, we have compiled a list of Foods Beginning with O.
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With O
This list contains different popular foods all starting with O. Here are some popular foods starting with O:
- Oat milk
- Olive oil
- Oxtail: A gelatin-rich meat from the tail of cattle often slow-cooked as stew or braised.
Fruits Beginning With O
There are different fruits starting with O and we have listed some of them in this list of fruits starting with O:
- Oil palm
- Oregon grapes
African Foods Beginning With O
Many African foods from different parts of the African continent have the letter O as their first letter. This list contains different African foods starting with O:
- Obusuma: A Kenyan dish made from maize flour (cornmeal) cooked with boiling water to a thick porridge dough-like consistency.
- Ogbono soup: A Nigerian dish made with ground ogbono seeds, palm oil, vegetables, seasoning, seafood or meat.
- Ogi: Fermented cereal pudding from Nigeria, typically made from maize, sorghum, or millet also known as pap.
- Owofibo: A Nigerian oil soup made of blended tomato mixed with akun and palm oil.
Continental Foods Beginning With O
Many continental meals have the letter O as their first letter. We have compiled a list of different continental foods from Europe and other Western countries starting with O:
- Oatcake: A flatbread similar to a cracker or biscuit made using oatmeal, cooked on a griddle or baked in an oven.
- Oeufs en meurett: A French dish of poached eggs in a red wine and pepper reduction sauce.
- Okroshka: A Russian kvass-based vegetable and ham soup.
- Ollie: A French potée or soup made with different meats and vegetables.
- Olive all’ascolana: Fried stoned olives stuffed with pork, beef, chicken, eggs and Parmesan cheese.
- Olivet cendre: A French cheese made from cow’s milk collected during spring.
- Opera cake: Layers of almond sponge cake (Joconde) soaked in coffee syrup, layered with ganache and coffee (or Grand Marnier) French buttercream, and covered in a chocolate glaze.
- Ossobuco: A Lombard cuisine of cross-cut veal shanks braised with vegetables, white wine, and broth.
- Ostriche arrosto: Oysters broiled with parsley, garlic, oregano, breadcrumbs, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Ovos moles de aveiro: A local Portuguese delicacy made of egg yolks and sugar.
- Oxford blue: A variety and brand of blue cheese produced in Burford, Oxfordshire, England.
Caribbean Foods Beginning with O
Some Caribbean foods from the Caribbean Islands and its surrounding regions are spelled with the letter O. This list contains different Caribbean foods all starting with O:
- Oil down: The national dish of Grenada which is a flavorful one-pot meal of local vegetables, starchy tubers, green bananas, salty meat and a blend of different seasonings.
- Oxtail with broad beans: A traditional Jamaican stew consisting of chopped octai, onions, garlic, ginger, chili peppers, fava beans, water, cornstarch, and seasonings.
Mexican Foods Beginning With O
Some Mexican foods from different parts of Latin America are spelled with the letter O. this list contains different Mexican foods starting with O:
- Obleas: A traditional Mexican wafer snack made with wheat flour, water, corn oil, and artificial flavors.
Oriental Foods Beginning With O
Some oriental foods from the Asian continent are spelled with O as the first letter. Here are different oriental foods starting with the letter O:
- Ochazuke: Hot green tea or dashi poured over cooked white rice with savory ingredients such as umeboshi or tsukemono added.
- Ohitashi: Boiled greens such as spinach, chilled and flavored with soy sauce, often with garnish.
- Oknomiyaki: Savory pancakes with various meat and vegetable ingredients flavoured with Worcestershire sauce of mayonnaise.
- Okowa: A Japanese dish of cooked glutinous rice.
- Omurice: A Japanese dish of omelet filled with fried rice.
- Onigiri: Balls of rice with a filling in the middle, the Japanese equivalent of sandwiches.
- Oritang: A soup or stew made by slowly simmering duck and various vegetables.
- Oshiruko: A warm, sweet red bean soup with mochi: rice cake.
- Osmanthus Cake: A traditional sweet-scented Chinese cake made with glutinous rice flour, honey, sweet-scented osmanthus, and rock sugar.
- Osumashi: A clear soup made with dashi and seafood or chicken.
- Oyakodon: Donburi topped with chicken and egg or sometimes salmon and salmon roe.
- Oyster omelette: A Chinese dish of an omelet filled with small oysters.
- Oyster sauce: A dark brown condiment made from oyster extracts.
- Oxtail soup: A Chinese soup, made with beef tails, vegetables, and spices.
Indian Foods Beginning With O
Some Indian foods from part of India are spelled with O as the first letter. This list contains different Indian foods starting with O:
- Obbatu: A stuffed moong gram dai and jaggery coconut poornam paratha dish native to parts of South and West India.
- Olan: Lightly flavored Kerala dish prepared from white gourd. Ash-gourd or black-eyed peas, coconut, milk and ginger seasoned with coconut oil.
- Onion bhaji: crispy deep-fried onion balls
- Onion kulcha: Whole wheat leavened Indian bread stuffed with onions.
- Ookali: A hot drink made by boiling coriander seeds in West India.
- Oondees: An Indian breakfast delicacy of spherical shaped rice or semolina.
- Ou tenga maas: Fish curry cooked with elephant apple.
Mediterranean Foods Beginning With O
Some Mediterranean foods from countries around the Mediterranean Sea are spelled with O as their first letter. This list contains different Mediterranean foods starting with O:
- Omeletta: A fried egg cooked with cheese and vegetables such as spinach, peppers, onions, and cheese.
- Orgu peyniri: Braided cheese made from strips of highly elastic cheese wound together in a braid.
We have sourced different foods and cuisines from various parts of the world all starting with O and compiled them into a list. Let us know other foods starting with O by leaving a comment below.