Finding foods beginning with Q could be difficult. This is why we have compiled a list of foods starting with Q from different regions of the world.
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With Q
This list contains all the popular foods starting with Q we could get our hands on:
- Quaker oats
- Quark: A fresh dairy product made by warming soured milk until the desired amount is curdling is met and then straining it.
- Queens cake: A dessert cake made with sugar, flour, dates, eggs, and butter topped with a sugary icing infused with shredded coconut.
- Queens fish: A fillet fish, also known as queen croaker used in cooking.
- Quick bread: A bread leaven with other leavening agents other than yeast or eggs.
- Quinoa: A salad made with fresh cucumbers, red bell peppers, red onions, chickpeas, fresh parsley and garlicky olive oil with a lemon dressing.
- Quaver Chewy Granola Bars
- Quiche: A French tart consisting of a pastry crust filled with savory custard and pieces of cheese, meat, seafood or vegetables.
- Quail meat
- Quail eggs
- Quality Street: A selection of individual tinned or boxed toffees, chocolates, and sweets.
- Quills pasta: A pasta with cylinder-shaped pieces and ends cut at a bias.
- Quarter-pounder burger: A hamburger sold by McDonald’s.
- Quisp: A cereal of baked paste of cornmeal and syrup shaped like saucers.
- Quarter pounder: A hamburger that weighs four ounces before it is cooked.
- Queso: An appetizer or side dish of melted or processed cheese.
- Quadrettini: A type of pasta that is flat and can be shaped to form a square or triangle.
Fruits Beginning With Q
These fruits have Q as their first letter.
- Quince: A hard, acid pear-shaped fruit used in preserves or as a flavoring.
- Quandong: A small shiny red fruit, also known as desert peach native to parts of Australia.
African Foods Beginning With Q
This list contains foods from different African countries starting with Q:
- Qatayef: A Sweet dumpling filled with cream or nuts.
Mexican Foods Beginning With Q
These are some Mexican foods starting with Q:
- Quesadillas: A tortilla filled with cheese and grilled.
- Queso añejo: Mexican cheese traditionally made from skimmed goat’s milk.
- Queso asadero: A rubbery-textured cheese pulled and twisted into strands.
- Queso blanco: White cheese.
- Queso cotija: A white crumbly Mexican cheese made from cow’s milk.
- Queso flameado: Flamed cheese made by roasting cheese over a flame.
- Queso fresco: Fresh cheese traditionally made from raw cow milk or a combination of cow and goat milk.
- Queso Oaxaca: A white semi-hard cheese from Mexico made from curd cheese and pulled apart used for fillings in tortillas or melted on cooked food.
- Queso panela: A white fresh and smooth Mexican cheese of pasteurized cow’s milk.
Continental Foods Beginning With Q
By continental foods, we mean foods from different Western countries of the world:
- Quatre-quarts: A French pound cake of four quarters.
- Quavers: A British snack food of curly potato puffs.
- Queen of Puddings: A traditional British dessert, consisting of a baked, breadcrumb-thickened mixture, spread with jam and topped with meringue.
- Quenelle: An egg-like shaped mixture of creamed fish or meat combined with breadcrumbs and a light egg binding.
- Quince cheese: A jelly-like confection made from the pulp of the quince fruit cooked into reddish gelatin.
- Quahog: An edible hard-shell clam.
- Quinoa flour: Gluten-free flour made from grinding quinoa grain used in making cookies, pancakes, waffles, and fruitcakes.
- Quiche: A French tart of a pastry crust filled with a savory custard and pieces of cheese, meat, seafood or vegetables.
- Quiche Lorraine: An open pie with eggs, cream, and lardons.
- Quorn: A meat substitute produce.
Indian Foods Beginning With Q
This Indian Food starts with Q:
- Qeema: An Indian dish of stewed or fried curry of minced beef, mutton or other kinds of meat with green peas or potatoes.
Foreign Candies Beginning With Q
These candies have Q as their first letter:
- Qottab: Almond filled deep-fried pastry.
- Queijadinhais: A sweet made from grated coconut, cheese, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, butter, and egg yolks.
- Qurabiya: A shortbread type biscuit made with ground almonds.
- Quindim: Baked custard dessert made chiefly from sugar, egg yolks, and ground coconut.
- Quesito: A cream cheese-filled pastry.
- Quetschentaart: An open fruit tart with damson plums.
Ingredients Beginning With Q
These spices enhance the taste of food and all start with Q:
- Qi: A method of cooking done by steaming.
- QIàng guō: A mixture of chopped garlic, pepper, ginger, scallions fried before cooking.
- QIāo ròu: A technique used for softening or even mincing meat by knocking or hammering.
- Quassia: A bitter spice in aperitifs, some beers, and fortified wines.
- Quatre épices: A spice mix used mainly in French cuisine, but can also be found in some Middle Eastern meals.
- Qâlat daqqa–A spice blend made of cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, peppercorns and grains of paradise.
- Quassia: Also known as bitter-ash and used as an additive in food making.
Drinks Beginning With Q
Many drinks start with the letter Q, and we have listed some of them. Here are some drinks starting with Q:
- Quaalude: Yummy cocktail made with vodka, Irish cream, coffee liqueur, and hazelnut liquor.
- Quaff: An alcoholic drink.
- Quagmyre: A cocktail made with Irish cream, Canadian whiskey, coffee liqueur, and chocolate milk.
- Quaker cocktail: A fruity martini made with aged rum, brandy, raspberry syrup, and fresh lemon juice.
- Quarter deck: A cocktail made with cream Sherry, a sweet, dark fortified wine.
- Queen mother: A drink made with Rutte dry gin, dubonnet red, Aperol or Italian red aperitivo and pot still Jamaican rum.
- Queen soda: A soda made with butterscotch schnapps and cream soda.
- Quicksand: A cocktail made from Bacardi select rum, Kahlua coffee liqueur, vanilla ice cream, KitKat chocolate, bailey’s Irish cream, Hershey chocolate syrup.
- Quick Decision: A cocktail made with whiskey, Irish cream, rum, coffee liqueur and whipping cream
- Quick thrill: A cocktail drink made with red wine, rum, Cola soda.
- Quinine water: Tonic water made into a carbonated soft drink.
This list contains different foods, drinks, fruits and recipes spelled with Q as the first letter. Let us know if you have other foods starting with Q by leaving a comment.