Did someone challenge you to list foods that begin with the letter V? In this article, we have compiled a list of Foods Beginning with V.
Table of Contents
Popular Foods Beginning With V
Many popular foods we consume in our diet have the letter V as their first letter. This list contains different popular foods all starting with V:
- Valerian tea: A aromatized fortified wine.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Veal: The meat of calf from dairy cows.
- Vegetable curry
- Vegetable oil
- Vegetable soup: A common soup prepared using vegetables and leaf vegetables as a primary ingredient served with meat or seafood.
- Velvet beans: A tropical legume native to parts of Asia and Africa.
- Venison: The edible part of game animals such as deer, antelope, etc.
- Vermont’s cheddar cheese: A cheese without annatto.
- Victoria spongecake
- Vienna sausage: A parboiled sausage thin and made of beef and pork covered in sheep intestine.
- Vindi masala
African Foods Beginning With V
The letter V is also the first letter of a few African dishes. This list contains different African dishes starting with V:
- Vetkoek: A South African pastry of dough deep-fried in cooking oil and filled with either cooked mince (ground beef) or spread with syrup, honey or jam.
Continental Foods Beginning With V
Continental foods refer to foods from Western countries around the world. This list contains different continental foods all starting with V:
- Vanilla bean crème brulee: A dessert consisting of a vanilla-flavored rich custard base topped with a contrasting layer of hard caramel.
- Vatapa: A classic Brazilian seafood stew made with coconut milk served over rice or alongside bean fritters.
- Vatushka: An Eastern European dish made of a ring of dough and cottage cheese in the middle with raisings or bits of fruit.
- Vichyssoise: A thick soup made of boiled and pureed leeks, onions, potatoes, cream, and chicken stock served cold.
- Viennoiserie: Baked goods made from a yeast-leavened dough in a manner similar to bread or puff pastry with added ingredients such as eggs, butter, milk, cream, and sugar eaten as breakfast or snacks.
- Vitello tomato: An Italian dish of cold, sliced veal covered with a creamy, mayonnaise-like sauce flavored with tuna.
- Vol-au-vent: A French puff pastry filled with savory ingredients or a sweet filling.
- Vori vori: A thick yellow soup with little balls made of cornflour, cornmeal, and cheese.
Fruits Beginning With V
There are some fruits starting with V, this list contains the various foods starting with V:
- Valencia orange fruit: A fruit similar to an orange with a sweet taste.
- Vanilla fruit: A fruit grown on an orchid plant that grows in form of a bean pod.
- Velvet apple fruit: A fruit native to the Philippines also known as butter fruit.
- Velvet tamarind fruit: A fruit from the velvet tamarind tree with black fruit.
- Victoria plums: Dark red plums native to England, super sweet and cooked in tarts and crumbles.
- Voavanga Fruit: A round fruit that is green in color with white dots.
Mexican Foods Beginning With V
Mexican foods include all foods native to parts of Latin America. This list contains different Mexican foods starting with V:
- Venado: A Mexican term for the meat of game animals used in cooking (venison).
Indian Foods Beginning With V
Indian foods are foods from different parts of Indian. This list contains different Indian foods starting with V:
- Vada: A category of savory fried snacks in India.
- Vada pav: A vegetarian sandwich of a deep-fried potato patty on a bun, garnished with coriander and other spices.
- Vanaspati: The Indian term for vegetable oil.
- Varuval: An Indian side dish made with marinated chicken, garlic, curry leaves, black pepper, cinnamon, fennel seeds, and dried chilies.
- Vegetable biryani: An aromatic rice dish made by cooking basmati rice with mix veggie, herbs, and biryani spices.
- Vindaloo: An Indian curry dish made with any kind of meat such as meat, beef, pork or chicken, vinegar, sugar, ginger, spices, and chili peppers.
Asian Foods Beginning With V
Asian foods are foods from parts of the Asian continent. This list contains Asian foods starting with V:
- Vermicelli noodles: A thin Asian noodle served with sauce, stir-fried or soup.
We have compiled different foods starting with V making an exhaustive list for your reading pleasure. Let us know your thoughts on this list and other foods starting with V by leaving a comment.