Have you been looking for a useful list of foods beginning Y?
Then you’ve come to the right place!
We’ve written a detailed article containing foods, desserts, fruits as well as other kinds of edibles that start with the letter Y.
So, whether you’re writing a cookbook, carrying out culinary research or just a curious lover of food, do enjoy our list of foods that start with the letter Y as well as some useful descriptions too.
Shall we begin? Let’s go!
Foods Beginning With Y
Here, we’ve put together a detailed list of some of the most popular foods/delicacies that are cooked and savored in different countries. We’ve also yummy desserts, popular snacks, and widely eaten edibles. Here are popular foods that begin with the letter Y:
- Yamarita: Plain boiled yam usually covered with eggs, ginger, garlic, and salt.
- Yogurt Cake: A delicious cake made with Yogurt instead of cream.
- Yellow Apple
- Yeast Cake
- Yankee Pot Roast: A rich, thick broth that consists mostly of beef, carrot, onion, and potato.
- Yellowfin Tuna: A species of Tuna fish usually found in tropical oceans.
- Yam Pudding
- Young Coconut Jelly: A clear and chewy jelly-like food obtained from the fermentation of coconut water.
- Yellow Passion Fruit
- Yardlong Beans: Dark-green beans with a chewy and firm taste.
- Yogurt Cheese: Thick, strained Yogurt that comes out with the consistency of spreadable cream cheese.
- Yam Pockets: Mashed boiled yam stuffed with fillings such as beef, pepper, garlic, and onion.
- Young Coconut Cream Pie
- Yam Fritters: Blended boiled yam which is deep-fried with nutritious spices and can be served as a snack or finger food.
- Yogurt Chicken: A delicious dish made by marinating Chicken with the primary ingredient being Yogurt.
- Yam Gizdodo: A delicacy consisting of peppered yam, gizzard, and fried plantain (also called “dodo”).
- Yogurt Kebab: A dish containing grilled chicken kebab marinated in tangy Greek Yogurt with lemon and other spices.
- Young Coconut Meat: Highly nutritious and jelly-like flesh of green coconuts gotten from the coconut palm tree.
- Yellow Eye Bean: A mildly sweet type of bean with an Ivory color and an earthy flavor.
- Yogurt Lamb Chops: Spicy and well-grilled lamb chops that are marinated with Yogurt.
- Yellowtail Sushi Roll: A delicious Japanese delicacy of spicy sushi rolls.
- Yellow Finn Potatoes: A species of potato with golden-yellow skin and a delicious taste.
- Yogurt Muffins
- Yam Rice: A tasty combination of diced yam and rice.
- Yellow Plum
- Young Coconut Rice: A delicious stir-fried rice delicacy made with slices of young coconut.
- Yellow Wax Beans: A pale-colored stringless pod with sweet flavors that can be eaten raw in salads or cooked.
- Yodels: A delicious and frosted cream-filled devil’s food cake.
- Yellow Zucchini Soup
- Yellow Tomato Sauce
- Yorkshire Teacake: Fruit-filled tea-cakes popularly eaten in England.
- Yam Peppersoup: A warm and delicious comfort food rich in spices and popular in Africa.
- Yogurt Cheese Balls: A tasty dish of cheese balls marinated in Greek yogurt, spices, and olive oil.
- Yolk Cookies: Rich-flavored cookies made with egg yolks.
- Yogurt Soup: A soup dish made from Yogurt, flour, eggs, and other rich spices.
- Yukon Gold Potatoes: A species of potato with smooth skin and yellowish flesh.
- Yellow Mombin: A bright-colored fruit eaten around the world and used in the production of tropical drinks.
- Yellow Pepper
- Yorkshire pudding: A versatile English dish made from baked batter that contains flour, eggs, and milk.
- Yellow Beet
- Yak Jerky: Delicious and nutritious smoked beef.
- Yumberry: A berry native to Eastern Asia with a sweet taste and a crimson or dark purple-red color.
- Yabby: A small crayfish popularly found in Australia.
- Yiessas: A moist, sweet, and rich fruit with yellow or orange skin.
- Yunnan Hackberry: Edible and nutritious sweet-tasting berries.
- Yellow Watermelon
- Yokan: A Japanese-originated red bean jelly dessert.
- Yoginanas: A delicious and healthy dessert made from crushed flakes, Yogurt, and bananas.
- Yuca: Another name for cassava, a vegetable that can be fried, boiled, or mashed.
- Yuzu: A yellow-green citrus fruit that originates from Japan.
- Yakitori: A Japanese delicacy of grilled skewered Chicken, sometimes served with vegetables, livers, or nuts.
- Yautia: Another name for sweet potatoes.
- Youngberry: A fruit from the blackberry family eaten raw or used for the production of jams, pie fillings, and fruit sauces.
- Ya Pear/ Yali Pear: A highly nutritious pear common in China and Asia.
- Yiros: A Greek dish made with vegetables, meat, sauce, and wrapped in pita bread.
Are there foods/edibles that start with the letter Y that isn’t on this list? Please add them in the comments section below — thank you!